Friday, March 16, 2012

What the....

So my munchkin has her 1st field hockey game this weekend and I am bringing the snack for the team. So I turn to google for ideas and I am just appalled at what I have found... Waffle Skewers (frozen waffles that have been heated through then cut into squares allowed to cool then slathered in PB, stuck on a stick with some bananas :which will turn to brown mush in moments no doubt: and grapes...Chocolate covered pretzels...those elf fudge cookies...and probably the worst RICE KRSPIES TREATS! Oh and dont forget the juice box thats less then 1% juice and about 80% high fructose corn sryup. yyyeeeeaaaahhhh I am by no means a health food freak but OMG people! These are our kids! We're the ones responsible for their eating habits and their health until they have the means to make those choices themselves (ie a car and a job), so why on earth give them this crap!? Especially after a game!

I am going to post a follow up to this entry with what I have been able to find as healthy alternatives to the junk

No comments:

Post a Comment