Friday, February 22, 2013

Seriously I need to stop being lame

So I really do need to come in here more often. I dont think there is really anyone who notices but maybe someday someone will wander in here and be amused ;) Since the last time I have been here I have had a crisis of faith followed by an incomplete conversion. I have officially left the Catholic Church in search of something more accepting and will allow me to grow spiritually. Which is all a pretty way of saying I became sick of being told for 40 days God cared if I ate a cheeseburger on Friday and that a man in a dress with a FABULOUS hat was telling me that my best friend was going to burn in hell because he loved another man. So I have found a home within the local Unitarian Universalist Church and I have found a great group of people to hang with. A lot of them are Vegan and Vegetarian and well we all know its not a Church function without a potluck, so we have been trying a LOT of different foods. I have actually found that being a Vegan or a Vegetarian isnt as scary or hard as I once thought. My husband, however, does not share my new found appreciation for Vegan and Vegetarian cuisine. I am currently making a post about a weight watchers cookie recipe that my friend at the Vegan Virtuoso (http://theveganvirtuoso.wordpress.com/) vegan-ified for me, and lemme tell you they are AMAZING!!!! Oh new batch is out of the oven SQUEE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment